Couples Therapy & Marriage Counselling in Wirral
If you’re relationship or marriage just isn’t working and you want to try and make things better, you’ve come to the right place.
Our highly qualified relationship counsellors can help you identify the real problems in your relationship and what steps you need to take to make things better, fast.
If you would like to book a free consultation for couple’s therapy in Wirral click the button below or call 07700169121
How does Couples Counselling help my Relationship?
Couples therapy helps if your relationship feels strained or is experiencing a crisis such as infidelity. Relationship counselling helps to stop the situation from worsening and teaches you some simple strategies to resolve relationship issues effectively and build a happier life together.
If you would like to attend couples counselling but your partner will not take part, don’t worry. Our specially trained relationship counsellors will show you how to make a few simple changes in your own behaviour to get your partner to respond differently.
Issues Couples Therapy can help with
Sometimes it’s difficult to figure out the real problems in a relationship. You might feel like you can’t seem to point your finger at the problem to do anything about it. Relationship counselling helps to identify and resolve specific relationship problems and discover what has changed. It doesn’t mean one person is to blame. It might just be that your relationship has evolved and needs an MOT.
Our highly qualified relationship counsellors can help you resolve any of the following problems:
- Broken trust – you no longer trust your partner because of a physical or emotional affair, some type of addiction, secrets, or any other trust issues.
- Intimacy / sexual issues – your relationship has no physical or emotional intimacy, sex is no fun, or desire has gone.
- Communication problems – you and your partner are struck in dysfunctional behaviour patterns, which result in arguing, bickering, fighting, violence, loss of shared experiences and living separate lives.
- Mental health problems – managing anxiety, stress, depression or any other type of mental health issue that could be affecting the relationship.
- Blended families – second marriage / having to deal with previous relationships, children etc.
- Living separate lives – one partner has distanced themselves from the relationship and doesn’t want to try couples therapy, whilst the other is trying to make an effort to restore the relationship.
- Facing separation or divorce – if separation feels like the only option, you might be unsure how to end a relationship.
- Managing emotions – dealing with feelings of love and hate, jealousy, anger, boredom, fear or resentment.
- Life changing experiences – health issues, grief and loss, birth of a child, children leaving home, or external pressures such as family or work related stress has negatively affected how you relate to each other.
Here are just some of the Benefits of Attending Relationship Counselling
Our highly experienced couple and marriage counsellors can help you understand what’s gone wrong in your relationship and what you need to do to make things better. We can help you and your partner work through your issues and strengthen your relationship.
- Learn some of the different ways your partner communicates and what they are really saying.
- Learn some easy to follow strategies that will help you minimise or avoid conflict and strengthen the trust and understanding in your relationship.
- Find out how the differences between men and women can cause problems and offer solutions.
- Learn some simple strategies that will help you and your partner meet each other’s needs.
- Learn how to move on and recover from a cheating partner or marriage affair.
- Find out how you and your partner can reignite the fun and sexual passion in your relationship and build a more fulfilling future together.
- Learn about pre-marital counselling strategies for building a lasting, fulfilling marriage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Couple’s Counselling Session look like?
During your assessment at the Wirral Counselling Association, your couple’s therapist will ask what brought you to relationship counselling and learn more about the history of your relationship. Your counsellor may ask you questions such as:
- What types of problems are you having in your relationship?
- How long have these issues been a problem in your relationship?
- Have you ever attended couples counselling before?
- Have you and your partner tried anything to resolve these issues?
- What do you hope to achieve from attending couples therapy?
Each session lasts for about 50 minutes. Your therapist will listen to the problems you and your partner are facing but will not take sides. Couples therapy is a safe place for you and your partner to talk and work through your relationship issues. Your therapist will support you both equally and diffuse any explosive emotions should they arise.
How often do the sessions take place?
Most couples start with weekly appointments, and as they progress, they might change to having fortnightly appointments. Some couples like to start with fortnightly sessions. You can discuss the frequency of your sessions with your relationship counsellor and find out which works best for you.
Scheduled appointments are usually made for the same day and time to support continuity in the work. If you need flexible appointments due to family commitments or work, talk to your therapist, and they can accommodate this for you.
How many Relationship Counselling Sessions do we have to attend?
Unfortunately, there is no one size fits all solution to the number of sessions a couple will need to work through their issues successfully. The number of sessions you need will depend on how long you and your partner have been struggling with relationship difficulties and what outcome you hope to achieve from couples therapy.
Some couples have a few sessions to discover the problems in their relationship and establish better strategies to deal with them. Other couples might have long-standing issues requiring more sessions to work through their relationship problems. Your couples counsellor will have regular intervals to review your progress and bring your therapy to an end once you have achieved your desired outcome.
Where are you Located?
If you need couples therapy or marriage counselling, we can help. Our highly qualified and experienced marriage counsellors are based in Wirral. Our private therapy rooms are conveniently located in Hoylake for easy access and public transport.
Take the First Step to Save your Marriage or Relationship
If you’re no longer happy in your relationship or marriage and want to do something about it, we can help. Our highly skilled relationship counsellor can help identify your relationship’s problems, give you options to resolve them, and help you and your partner create a brighter future together.
Whether you are feeling stuck in a stagnant relationship or you have a specific problem you would like to address, contact us today to start working through your relationship issues and living a happier life.
Your future self will thank you for it.
Book a FREE 20 Minute Consultation
If you are experiencing problems in your marriage or relationship and would like some help to try and resolve them, we can help.
Our free consultation gives you the opportunity to talk to a fully qualified counsellor who really understands relationship problems and what steps you need to take to resolve them.
Book your free consultation with the leading provider of marriage counselling and couples therapy in Wirral.